Friday, February 2, 2007

Flickr

Ok, I finally have pictures and a Flickr account. I had computer hardware problems (couldn't get the photo disk out of the computer) and software programs (computer wouldn't read the pictures on the photo disk), but with Robin's help, I am up and running. Or at least, I am back on my way... Only four weeks behind, but Flickr is fun! I uploaded pictures of my kids and of me on horseback, some of my favorite things outside of reading, teens, and great food! If I could live on a ranch with my daughters, a professional chef, and horses, life would be perfect! I have enough books at my house that it would be quite a while before I would need to ride down to a local library. Of course the only problem with that idea is that I would miss out on all the new books that are coming out! It's hard to believe how many books come out each year, just in the Teen area. As I go through trying to order what teens would enjoy, I have to bypass so many other titles.
Now, you are probably wondering what this has to do with Library 2.0 and Flickr. The truthful answer is nothing, but the picture of me on a horse started my thoughts away from my focus. I have discovered lately that I am highly distractable. I basically need to do what I have done with this blog and circle back to the original focus.
I could easily spend hours looking at the pictures and explanations on Flickr. It is a dangerous site for someone who enjoys beautiful photography and is highly distractable. It did make a trading card and set myself up with a Flickr address, which is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teenlibrz Go see what you think and please comment on my trading card.

2 comments:

Bobbi Newman said...

The trading card looks great! Congrats on working through all the problems and getting your flickr account up and running!

Tammy said...

Your trading card is great. I love the phrase "librarian on the loose." Also, Wow! You have some great photos on your Flickr page. I could spend hours there. Wait I have spent hours on Flickr, but it sure didn't feel like hours!