Wednesday, February 21, 2007

RSS feeds (and Library 2.0 cool site)

I was on my Bloglines account, doing research for Week 6 of my Library 2.0 and came across this on Shifted Librarian. If you have not seen it, please visit the YouTube site and enjoy their interpretation of Library 2.0 at http://www.theshiftedlibrarian.com/archives/2007/02/07/think_library_20_as_you_watch_this.html
I was very impressed at how real they made the description, even for someone as challenged by all of this as I am. I have problems sometimes adjusting my thinking from html to xml to web 2.0, but this is an excellent clarification for the linear development from print through digital text to html and beyond. Please check this out! I think it will be worth your time.

My only problem with Bloglines is that I am not finding the topics listed that I feel are really importnat to me. I was finally able to find YPulse and add it, but it took several additional steps that I wasn't required to do for the other feeds that they connected me with and they have not sent me any additional feed ideas based on my original themes. I have my ten, with YPulse, but I don't know when I will have time to check them, even on a semi-regular basis.

No comments: